How to Change your Accountant in One Step
After 27 years of serving businesses, here’s the most common reasons people leave their current accountants:
- ‘I never hear from my accountant and don’t feel we have a relationship’
- ‘My accountant isn’t proactive in finding tax-saving opportunities, funding or additional support for me’
- ‘My accountant doesn’t make the effort to explain jargon to me’
- ‘My accountant has provided poor advice leading to problems with HMRC’
- ‘I can never get hold of my accountant’
- ‘I receive unexpected or inconsistent bills from my accountant’
- ‘My accountant doesn’t communicate with my business on my terms’
Does your accountant put your business first?
You accountant is supposed to go beyond HMRC and mandatory emails: they’re there to support you, give you financial advice, help you shape your business and assist you in planning for the future.
Any good accountant should listen to your concerns, evaluate the risks, consider the long term strategies and help you identify your KPI’s and more. Instructions on how to do this can be found in our downloadable ebook.
Great accounting goes beyond the regular monthly or yearly motions, and is flexible, responsive, and professional.
What you need to change your accountant
We’ve been taking on new clients for over 25 years now, and this experience has enabled us to create the easiest, seamless transition when changing your financial support.
The only step we ask of businesses is to get in touch. Following that first conversation, we’ll handle everything, from gathering your information to making contact with your current accountants.
How to change your accountant
A common misconception we come across is that changing your accountant is a long, complicated or difficult process. This couldn’t be further from the truth: it’s our responsibility to take care of the hard work, so you can focus on your business.
- Call TurnerWarran, and have a free consultation with one of our experts
- We’ll send a quote over to you for the services you need, which you will accept
- You’ll contact your accountant to let them know we’ll be in contact, or we’ll check with you if we can get in touch
- We’ll send professional clearance over to prove secondment in the mode of your choosing
- We’ll contact your existing accountant to get all the information we need
This will depend on the size of your business and your business structure, but will typically include: a copy of the latest accounts, your company tax return, if you’re a director a self assessment, any information from that date to the date we’re taking over, login, backups, companies house authentication codes, payroll… the list goes on!
Whether you’re a bigger business or sole trader will decide on the type of information we request: for example if you’re VAT registered, if you have a PAYE scheme, any UTR or authentication codes. We’ll take care of all of it.
Do you have a relationship with your accountant?
Even if you prefer to communicate via email, there’s still no excuse for a poor or nonexistent relationship with your accountant! A good accountant should understand your business in a way that the people closest to you may not be able to.
We witness our clients go through issues, stresses and challenges where our advice, guidance and support is their ally. You should be able to pick up the phone to your accountant and be reassured that the support is there.
Why switch to TurnerWarran?
You prioritise the success of your business, so why shouldn’t your accountant? At TurnerWarran, we guarantee:
- A 45 day turnaround guarantee on all work
- An honest, consistent and transparent service
- A proactive support base behind you, always considering your long term business goals and tax position
- Free initial meeting and tax review
- Unlimited free meetings and phone support
- All communication in the mode of your choice – whether that’s by email, phone call or in person
Get in touch with out team today for a free and no obligation business chat.